Time commitment: 8:45 am to 9:45 am*, one day a week.
- Every school morning, two Safe Arrival parents help to update each classroom’s daily attendance list by checking the voicemail messages left on the student absences phone line (604-668-6358).
- When a child is absent or late without known cause, Safe Arrival parents contact families by phone to ensure that the child is safe.
- Helping with this service is very rewarding because you get to help parents like yourselves have peace of mind knowing that their children are safe and accounted for.
- Training is provided and there are always two people working together.
- Fluent English is not necessary and fluency in a second language is a great benefit.
- It is a good way to make friends with other parents and get to know the teachers.
If you can help, please send your contact details to AndersonPACgeneral@gmail.com and your email will be forwarded to the Safe Arrival Team. Thank you!
* The time commitment can vary. For example in the winter when the children are out sick, it may take up to 1.5 hours.